Cerebral Palsy Sport is the country’s leading national disability sports organisation supporting people with cerebral palsy to reach their sporting potential and putting people with cerebral palsy and their families at the heart of everything we do.
Cerebral Palsy Sport Board
Cerebral Palsy Sport is governed by a Board of Trustees that bring a range of skills in supporting the organisation with governance decisions. The Board of Trustees consists of up to twelve independent individuals with a range of skills and competencies across key sectors that enables Cerebral Palsy Sport to operate as an effective strategic national disability sports organisation (NDSO), charity and a Limited company.
The Board of Trustees is responsible for setting the strategic direction of the charity and ensuring it performs well. Because of the charity’s significant role in the development of the sport, being a Trustee is a position of influence and great responsibility, now and for future generations.
Trustees are people who care passionately about Cerebral Palsy Sport and who recognise the vital contribution the organisation makes to the lives of people with disabilities.
We have opportunities for the right people to join our Board at Cerebral Palsy Sport.
In particular, we are seeking voluntary Directors / Trustees who may have a range of skills and experience including Financial Accounting, Leadership and Management within the Third Sector; Fundraising experience; Safeguarding; Commercial Marketing with digital technology and social media; Sports Development knowledge and disability experience.
Ideally, the successful candidates will be able to demonstrate:
- A track record of meaningful roles in the private, public or voluntary sector
- The ability to operate at Board level in a national organization effectively
- Ability to think creatively and strategically; the skills to challenge current thinking at Board level
- The time commitment needed to make a difference to the Charity
- A good understanding of the role that disability sport plays in society
- A clear commitment to improving diversity and equality and understanding the needs of under-represented groups in sport
For more detailed information about Cerebral Palsy Sport and a list of the current Directors, please click here.
Download the Trustee Role information pack and application form below: