2018 CPISRA World Games Independent Athletes
Independent Athlete Entry
• Where an athlete meets the eligibility criteria and qualification standards for the CP World Games, they may apply to their CPISRA member (CP Sport) for endorsement of their entry as an Independent Athlete through a letter of support. Anyone entering as an Independent Athlete should contact CP Sport (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request a letter of support.
• Once a letter of support has been obtained, the athlete should compete the attached ‘Intention to Compete’ and submit to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org along with the letter of support before 5th January 2018.
• Once approved by CPISRA, the athlete will then be sent the First Entry Information pack and a link to the World Games Entry Portal where they can complete the First Entry for the games. This is open until 26th January 2018.
• As an Independent Athlete entry, and not as a CPISRA member organisation entry, a Registration Fee of €100 (Euro) will be incurred as an additional cost to contribute towards the administration and management costs of CPISRA and the LOC.
• Please note that independently registered athletes will be responsible for every aspect of their participation in the World Games including:
– All entry, travel and accommodation costs
– Any care or support requirements, including specific training, coaching and medical resources
– Any insurances required such as medical, travel etc.
• Independent Athletes will compete under the CPISRA flag and will be listed on Event Schedules and Medal Tables under the team ‘CPISRA IA’.
On completion of a CPISRA member organisation’s team selection, and on receiving a letter of support from the CPISRA member, ‘Independent Athletes’ may directly enter to the LOC. An entry fee will be charged to cover the LOC’s additional games management costs associated with participation of independent athletes.
To enquire about entry as an independent athlete please email email@example.com
Please note all competitors entering must meet the Minimum Qualifying Standards set by the LOC.