Team CP England: Swimming Selection Information
Nottingham 2015 CPISRA World Games
Nominations for selection will be made to Cerebral Palsy Sport from the CP National Championships (29th March 2015), British Para-Swimming International Meet (Glasgow, 26-29th March 2015), and any other licensed meet from April 2014-March 2015. Final selection will be at the discretion of the Team Managers.
The CPISRA World Games events are outlined as follows. Men’s and women’s events in each of:
|200m Individual Medley||S5-S10|
The qualifying standards can be found on at http://www.cpsport.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Nottingham-2015-CPISRA-World-Games-Competition-Standards-Final-January-2015.pdf
- Only swimmers eligible to represent Team CP England at the Nottingham 2015 CPISRA World Games will be considered.
- Swimmers must hold a current valid British passport.
- Swimmers wishing to be considered for the Nottingham 2015 CPISRA World Games must have competed and met the qualification standard in a licensed meet in the events they wish to be considered, between April 2014-March 2015, and be aged 14 years or above on the first day of competition (13th August 2015).
- Swimmers must have a British Swimming or IPC classification at March 2015, and be registered to a swimming club that is affiliated to the ASA, Swim Wales or Scottish Swimming.
- Split times will not be considered.
- The highest ranked swimmer in each classification for each event, from the British Swimming rankings will automatically be selected providing they meet the criteria set out in 1.1-1.5.
- Where the highest ranked swimmer is ineligible due to being above the higher limit of the competition standards then the next swimmer in the rankings will be selected.
- Swimmers meeting the standard in 1.7 will be eligible to be selected for additional events, providing the number of Team England swimmers in each event does not exceed 3 per classification, and the swimmer meets the competition standard for the additional events.
- Where more than 3 swimmers per classification for an event meet the competition standard the fastest 3 swimmers will be selected.
- Swimmers wishing to be considered for additional events must inform CP Sport within fourteen days of receiving selection notification, and the decision will be made at the discretion of the selection panel.
Selection will commence on the week beginning 30th March 2015, and swimmers will be informed if they have been selected on week commencing 13th April 2015.
- Team members will be required to attend (where selected) all pre CPISRA World Games training camps and team meetings designated by Cerebral Palsy Sport.
- If CPISRA withdraws an event from the programme after the final entry date, the swimmer will be de-selected from the team, with the exception of them having been selected for another event.
- Any team member who withdraws themselves from the team after accepting their selection, with the exception of withdrawal on medical grounds may be liable for the reimbursement of any costs incurred on behalf of that team member.
- All swimmers will be required to sign and comply with the IPC Swimming Requirements, Rules and Regulations, UK Anti-Doping Rules & Protocols, Team CP England and Safeguarding Policies.
- All appeals against non-selection for the Nottingham 2015 CPISRA World Games should be put in writing to Team CP England Swimming Team Manager, c/o Cerebral Palsy Sport and will be reviewed by an independent appeals panel.
For a full copy of the selection policy, please see below: