Cerebral Palsy Sport is delighted to announce that we will be marking World CP Day 2018 Saturday 6 October 2018 by holding an athletics and swimming training camp followed by our AGM and Awards evening. For more information on how to book onto the athletics and swimming training day event, please click here.
The General Meeting will be convened to enable members to consider and approve the new draft Articles of Association for the charity in advance of the Annual General meeting. Members will then be invited to share the Cerebral Palsy Sport Awards recognising athletes, coaches, volunteers, clubs, fundraisers and outstanding contributers to sport. our Cerebral Palsy Sport Ambassadors and Young Ambassadors will be attending.
For further information on our AGM and 2018 Awards, please click here:
World Cerebral Palsy Day is more than just an awareness day, it is an opportunity to:
1. Celebrate and express pride in the lives and achievements of those with CP and the people and the organisations that support them
2. Create a powerful voice for those with CP to change their world
3. Connect organisations across the globe so they are better equipped to meet the needs of those with CP
4. Create new solutions to everyday problems
5. Act as a catalyst for social change and education campaigns that create solutions to universal challenges
6. Produce tangible, actions and outcomes that measurably improve the lives of those with CP
7. Raise awareness of CP and the issues that affect people with CP at a local, national and international level to create more inclusive societies.
The project is coordinated by the World Cerebral Palsy Initiative, a group of non-profit cerebral palsy organisations with a global vision to create real change for people living with CP.