CPISRA have announced that the next World Games will take place in San Cugat, Spain in August 2018.
The Federació Esportiva Catalana de Paralítics Cerebrals (FECPC) have been selected by the CPISRA Executive Committee to host the 2018 CPISRA World Games.
The Games’ are a developmental and learning experience for athletes with cerebral palsy and help prepare talented athletes for future sporting success at high profile international events.
The 2018 CPISRA World Games will take place during the first two weeks of August 2018.
Cerebral Palsy Sport hosted the first CPISRA World Games in Nottingham in 2015 CPISRA. Have a look back at the Nottingham event here.
The key objectives of the CPISRA World Games are:
- To allow CP athletes to achieve their best performance at international competition by providing appropriate conditions and services in an operationally sound environment.
- To provide a multi-sport event that delivers a learning experience that will help prepare athletes for future sporting success at major events such as the Paralympics.
- To create a friendly and supportive Games environment that encourages and develops athletes, team management, officials, coaches and volunteers.
- To emphasize youth and enable high dependency athlete participation.
- To act as a catalyst for enhancing CP opportunity and participation in sport and recreation.
For further information visit: http://cpisra.org/