At a specially convened General Meeting of Cerebral Palsy Sport’s membership on 6th October 2018, the membership voted by special resolution to approve the organisation’s new Articles of Association.
The specially convened General Meeting took place to enable members to consider and approve the new draft Articles of Association for the charity in advance of the Annual General meeting.
The 2018 review of the Articles of Association enabled the organisation to strengthen its governance processes and comply to the Governance Code for Sport. the main changes in the Articles were:
- Charity objects (Part 2.3) aligned to the charities Strategic Objectives
- Board size reduced to 10 in line with best practise guidance from the code and no less than 3.
- Defining the role of the Chair more clearly in terms of Board leadership.
- Independent Board member level strengthened to 20%.
- Proportion of Board representation of disabled people increased to 10%
- Proportion of gender balance on the Board increased – 30%
- Board member length of service changed to three year periods of service before standing down and can seek re-election. Cannot serve more than four years without seeking re-election.
- Quorum status for Members meetings has been reduced.
- New voting rights of honorary members and honorary life members.
- Voting rights to reflect new charity membership categories – families, professional members, organisational members, Sporting Ambassador members,
- Removing gender reference of Chairman and replacing it with Chair.
The membership voted by 15 voted in favour of adopting the new Articles of Association.
A copy of our new signed Articles of Association can be downloaded below: