Cerebral Palsy Sport Research and Insight
Welcome to the Cerebral Palsy Sport Research and Insight page.
If you are interested in the latest research and reports around disability and sport, we have a series of published studies and reports that are helpful and informative.
For further information on wider studies, please visit the research and insight section of our partner organisation the English Federation of Disability Sport. This section includes:
- A library of research, literature and reports
- Using the tabs located down the right side of the page you are able to filter the research by location, impairment group and other key topics.
- A summary page of general disability key facts and statistics
- A page providing information and fact sheets on the latest Sport England Active People Survey
If you are conducting a dissertation/thesis in the area of disability sport and require information, please refer to the pages linked above as well as the information provided below in the first instance.
UKCP: a collaborative network of cerebral palsy register in the UK (Surman et al., 2006)
- Prevalence and characteristics of children with cerebral palsy in Europe (Johnson, 2002)
- Children with cerebral palsy: severity and trends over time (Surman et al., 2009)
- Life expectancy of children with cerebral palsy (Hutton & Hemming, 2005)
An interesting paper on the health and educational benefits of sport.
Report title: “Further analysis to value the health and educational benefits of sport and culture”.
Download a copy below: