What is Gift Aid?
Gift Aid is a scheme that allows charities to reclaim tax on a donation made by a UK taxpayer, which means your donations will be worth 25% more to us at no extra cost to you.
If you Gift Aid your donations or membership we can claim back from the government 25p for every £1 you donate to Cerebral Palsy Sport.
This additional income really does make a big difference, so please don’t forget to Gift Aid donations if you are a UK tax payer.
How to Gift Aid your donations?
- Download a Gift Aid Form here: CP Sport Gift Aid Declaration Form 2018
- Find out more about Gift Aid from HMRC
If you are a higher-rate tax payer you can also claim additional tax relief. For higher rate tax payers (paying tax at 40%) this works out as 25p for every £1 you donate and for the highest rate tax payers (paying tax at 45%) this works out as 31p for every £1 you donate.
What we need to claim Gift Aid
- Your full name and home address
- A donation made from a personal bank or building society account
- We can’t claim Gift Aid on donations from company accounts. The donation must be your own money and not the proceeds of a collection.
- For you to be paying income tax or capital gains tax which at least equals the amount Cerebral Palsy Sport and other charities and community amateur sports clubs will claim in the appropriate tax year (6 April one year to 5 April the next). This is currently 25p for every £1 you give.
- Using the declaration form, we can claim Gift Aid on all your donations in the last 4 years and all future donations.
- Once you have become a Gift Aid donor, please let us know if you stop paying tax or if you change your name/address so that we can update our records.
If you have any questions about Gift Aid, please get in touch on 0115 925 7027.