Date(s) - 20/06/2015 - 21/06/2015
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Harvey Hadden Sports Complex
Nottingham 2015 are pleased to announce confirmation of your Role & Venue Training dates and times.
We will be hosting the Games Starter Volunteer Role and site Specific Training on June 20th, 21st and June 27th 2015.
We will have 3 days of training, the day that you attend will depend on the Functional Area that you have been allocated, this information can be found below.
June 20th – Harvey Hadden Sports Complex
June 21st – Harvey Hadden Sports complex (Media Team only)
June 27th – Nottingham Trent University (Newton Building) – Games village
Unfortunately, the venue that we intended to use to training the Games Starters we plan to deploy into roles on the Games Village is no longer available on the 21st June, this is due to emergency maintenance taking place on this weekend. As we know that many of you will be making a length journey to Nottingham for this training event we really want offer you a quality and meaningful experience in return for your efforts.
Therefore, we have taken the hard decision to move this training to the week after, 27th June. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience that this change may have caused, and for the delay in getting this information to you. We do hope that you are still able to join us for this training, and we look forward to seeing you on Saturday 27th June 2015.
Your Games Starter Role & Venue Training:
Date: Saturday 27th June 2015
Venue: Nottingham Trent University, Newton Building, Goldsmith Street, Nottingham, NG1 4BU
Times: 9:00am – 3:00pm
Functional Areas: Ceremonies, Venue Support (Games Village)
Book your place: Please click here or copy and paste this link into your internet browser: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/games-starter-rolevenue-training-games-village-tickets-17208272406
You can find out more about the day on the event booking page.
If you have any questions about the training or if any you are unable to attend, and have not already notified us, then please let us know ASAP using email@example.com.
- John Selby-Sly (Games Starter Programme Manager) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ali Talbot (World Games Event Director) – email@example.com
- Volunteer Village Accommodation: We are also delighted to share the link to book accommodation at the Nottingham Trent University Clifton Campus site for Games time. The link to book is: www.ntu.ac.uk/CPISRAVolunteer
- Follow us on Facebook: If you like social media and you are on Facebook, don’t forget to follow Nottingham 2015: https://www.facebook.com/CP2015WorldGames
- Join the Games Starter Facebook Group: There is a Games Starter Facebook Group and you can join by following the link below: www.facebook.com/groups/Nottingham2015GamesStarters
- Social Media Challenge: Don’t also for get our Twitter challenge for the best Tweet #GamesStarters. Get tweeting and posting! There are some great prizes to be won!
Finally, for those of you that missed our Volunteer Week thank you’s on social media last week we would like to extend this Thank You to you now. Thank You for volunteering to be a Games Starter, it means to much to all of us here that you are giving your time to make a difference to young people from across the world with cerebral palsy! Without you these Games wouldn’t happen.
Contact name: Ian Clegg
Contact telephone: 0115 925 7027
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org