The Cerebral Palsy Sport Awards are back for a 5th year but with a difference – we are going virtual. On Saturday 12th December the CP Sport Awards will be held from 5pm – 7pm on Zoom. Attendees are encouraged to dress up for the occasion if they wish so we can all feel part of a glamourous event even if at home.
CP Sport recognises that despite the unprecedented challenges in 2020 there has been a fantastic effort from the cp community to take part in sport and activity, often closer to home, as clubs and traditional events stopped during lockdowns. We’ve seen great work by NGBs, coaches and volunteers to stay in contact with participants and keep them motivated and there has been incredible fundraising happening during this year too.
The CP Sport Awards 2020 are an opportunity for you to nominate someone and have their hard work, dedication and achievements recognised.
The CP Sport Awards 2020 are proudly supported by Irwin Mitchell.
Nominations are now open in the following categories:
• Sports Achievement of the Year – click here to nominate
• Volunteer of the Year – click here to nominate
• Coach of the Year – click here to nominate
• Sports Club of the Year – click here to nominate
• Christine Cruice Award for Adversity
This is for a participant of CPS that has encountered and overcome personal challenges (outside of having CP) but has:
- Been involved in CP Sport and despite their challenges have continued to be involved in training and competitions and,
- Developed personally and improved their performance in their chosen sport (at any level, its not about performance sport)
- Been a fantastic role model and offered support to others involved in, and new to CP Sport
Click here to nominate
Deadline for nominations: Sunday 15th November 2020
Other awards that will be presented on the evening:
Andrew Stubbs Trophy, Colin Rains Trophy for Endeavour, Fundraiser of the Year, Lifetime Achievement Award, Partner of the Year.
Registration to attend the Awards will be open soon.