World Cerebral Palsy Day is a movement of people with cerebral palsy and their families, and the organisations that support them, in more than 50 countries. Its vision is to ensure that children and adults with cerebral palsy have the same rights, access and opportunities as anyone else in our society.
World CP Day is held on the first Wednesday each October. More than just an awareness day, its an opportunity to:
1. Celebrate and express pride in the lives and achievements of those with CP and the people and organisations that support them
2. Create a powerful voice for those with CP to change their world
3. Connect organisations across the globe so they are better equipped to meet the needs of those with CP
4. Create new solutions to everyday problems
5. Act as a catalyst for social change and education campaigns that create solutions to universal challenges
6. Produce tangible, actions and outcomes that measurably improve the lives of those with CP
7. Raise awareness of CP and the issues that affect people with CP at a local, national and international level to create more inclusive societies.
For further information about World CP Day click here
On World CP Day, Cerebral Palsy Sport are supporting the movement by sharing infographs and information throughout the day on social media platforms using hashtag #WorldCPDay